About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Erica and I'm 24 years old. Currently, I attend Mount Saint Mary College, where I’m pursuing a Masters of Science in Early Childhood Education (grades1-6) with a dual certification in Special Education.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Group one … AGAIN



Class started off at Bishop Dunn Memorial school. Group one (Angela, Faith, and Meagan) taught their Inquiry lesson on Christopher Columbus for the first 30 minutes of class.





Faith did an excellent job of of activating students prior knowledge. She was very clear and easy to understand. She did a good job of calling on multiple students, and gave them adequate time to respond. She also did an excellent job of giving specific praise. When the students  appeared to get off of task, Angela did the clapping thing  to get them back on task and it appeared to be very effective. Meagan also did a great job of explaing the lesson to the students. Her explaination was also clear and easy to understand and the students appeared to understand what they need to do!








Sometimes it is difficult to have multiple people teach a single lesson, but in this case it worked. It was clear that they carefully designed this lesson so that the lesson would go smoothly….Excellent collabotation !


       I really liked the treaure hunt activity and how the students were required to fill out a newspaper article. I especially liked the “gold” that Angela brought in and the students  seemed to be impressed with it as well.



The lesson was very imformative and FUN. My only wish was to have the students present their articles. Due to insufficient time, we were unable to see what the students got out of the lesson. This shows that even with careful planning and collaborating, things will come up. Overall, I think they did a good job.



No comments:

Post a Comment