About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Erica and I'm 24 years old. Currently, I attend Mount Saint Mary College, where I’m pursuing a Masters of Science in Early Childhood Education (grades1-6) with a dual certification in Special Education.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

GROUP 2 (direct lesson)

      Following group one was group 2 (Jesse and Gina) which was also a direct lesson that focused on explorers. Gina did an awesome job…I really liked the diagnostic questions that she asked. All the students seemed to be interested in what she had to say!!

Jesse also did a great job, and I liked the video clip that she showed... unfortunately I think some of the students missed the video clip because the classroom teacher distracted the students when she closed the blinds.






       “ALL EYES ON ME” was used to grab the student’s attention. Angela had already used clapping several times to grab the students attention in the previous lesson, so I really liked how this group did something different because after doing the clapping so many times, it would have lost its effectiveness. Great thinking ladies! 



Like the first group, group two used the SMART board. They used the dice which was very cool. I really like the SMART board and think it is important to use when teaching. From watching my peers use the SMART board, I got very good ideas that I can use in future lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment