About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Erica and I'm 24 years old. Currently, I attend Mount Saint Mary College, where I’m pursuing a Masters of Science in Early Childhood Education (grades1-6) with a dual certification in Special Education.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Group 2.... Inquiry

Following Group 1 was Gina (group 2). Gina was the one teaching this lesson because unfortunately Jesse could not make it. However, I know that Jesse contributed greatly in creating this lesson. Gina and Jesse did an EXCELLENT job of collaborating and working around each other’s busy schedule in an effort to make sure that their lesson went well. good TEAM WORK




Gina really did an excellent job of gaining the students attention and maintaining it. If the students did get off task, she was able to easily get them back on track. She checked for understanding, had the student’s repeat difficult words and really did a good job of engaging the students.



Gina made the class news reporters and had them do a project and report it to the rest of the class... FUN!!! What I liked most about this lesson was Gina’s creativity and how she modeled what the students had to do in a fun way. I really liked Gina’s teaching style and I will keep that in mind the next time that I have to teach a lesson.

I also think it is important to mention that she was able to watch the clock and adjust her lesson, so that she could fit everything in. Although time was against her and it was a bit rushed (toward the end), she did a great job of fitting everything in and wrapping up.





No comments:

Post a Comment