About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Erica and I'm 24 years old. Currently, I attend Mount Saint Mary College, where I’m pursuing a Masters of Science in Early Childhood Education (grades1-6) with a dual certification in Special Education.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

New Spain (Direct lesson)... Irene and Claudine

The first part of class was a direct lesson from Irene and Claudine on NEW SPAIN. 


        I really liked the diagnostic questions that they asked and I especially liked how they had the student’s repeat difficult words such as ENCOMIENDA. I think that clarifying difficult words is very important and something that teachers often forget. Claudine and Irene did a great job of really making sure that the students understood the word before moving on. I also liked how
they both checked for understanding frequently and called on several students to respond to questions.





              




 They also included a SMART board matching activity and the students were excited to work together. They did a great job of knowing the material and presenting it!!!!!  They also seemed to be one of the only groups to finish their entire lesson on time!!!!! I think something that could have been improved was how they put the students into groups. There seemed to be a little confusing, but they did get them back on track and managed to work everything out.




No comments:

Post a Comment