About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Erica and I'm 24 years old. Currently, I attend Mount Saint Mary College, where I’m pursuing a Masters of Science in Early Childhood Education (grades1-6) with a dual certification in Special Education.

Monday, October 10, 2011




Today we visited Bishop Dunn School where we met the fifth grade class that we will be working with. I was able to meet three of the students and talk to them for a few minutes about social studies. I was quite surprised when all three students were eager to share information about the subject. My group of three students all comes from military families and so each of them told me that they are very excited to learn about the wars.  I’m very excited that these students are excited about social studies and I’m looking forward to working with them.


When we begin field work, we will be teaching these students about the 13 colonies and the revolutionary war. Many of these students already have prior knowledge of many of the wars because they come from military families, but these students will gain even more knowledge about this topic because they already taken a trip to the FDR house. Knowing this information will really help to expand the students knowledge. I’m most excited to use the Artifact Bad with the students. I think that the students will really appreciate this kind of activity because it is engaging and makes learning FUN. In my artifact bag, I will incorporate items that relate to the 13 colonies and how people lived during those times. I feel this is important because students will be able to see transition from then until now


Direct, Inquiry, and Cooperative lessons will be implemented!!!!!!!! I’m a little overwhelmed to come up with ideas for all of these lessons, but I’m so excited that our class is extremely helpful and that we have the opportunity to work with each to provide the best lessons for our students at Bishop Dunn!



No comments:

Post a Comment