Today in social studies class, we had a surprise guest. Guess who ?????? Wait for it… wait for it… BENJAMIN FRANKLIN (I know.. Crazy).
That’s right he made a celebrity guest appearance in our class!! Okay, it wasn’t really Benjamin Franklin, it was actually Dr. Smirnova’s husband dressed up as Benjamin Franklin, but what an awesome idea to come to class in CHARACTER.
Let’s face it, not all the material we will be teaching our students will be fun and interesting; some things are just BORRRRRING (add emphasis here). A way to get students more interested and involved in learning (Yes, even graduate students) is to make lessons exciting and engaging…. and if that means dressing up as Benjamin Franklin then why the heck not? This experience has taught me a lot about teaching and how even as graduate students learning can be enhanced with something as simple as role playing. I will definitely use role playing in the lesson that I plan because I was able to see firsthand how fun it could be.




No comments:
Post a Comment