About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Erica and I'm 24 years old. Currently, I attend Mount Saint Mary College, where I’m pursuing a Masters of Science in Early Childhood Education (grades1-6) with a dual certification in Special Education.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Teaching and Collaborating

     This class started off with T-Shirt presentations. I like that Dr. Smirnova both allows and encourages us to practice teaching. By having presentations such as this one, we are able to improve on our ability to lead and teach a lesson.


Next, we went to the library and got into groups, myself, Corey, and Jesse worked together to select a social studies textbook, workbook, and the teacher’s edition textbook. Surprisingly, it was difficult for us to find each of these books on the same grade level. We ended up finding each of these books for grade six. However, only two of our books (teacher’s edition textbook and the text book) were from the same author, Dr. Kenneth S. Cooper. The three of us flipped through each book in an effort to better understand the books contents and its organization. The books that we had were from 1997 so I wasn’t too surprised when the books lacked information such as the standards!!! 
We did not get to finish our project in class, but the three of us continue to collaborate via e-mail and phone so we can create a presentation that summarizes or findings.









No comments:

Post a Comment