About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Erica and I'm 24 years old. Currently, I attend Mount Saint Mary College, where I’m pursuing a Masters of Science in Early Childhood Education (grades1-6) with a dual certification in Special Education.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Superwoman Was Already Here!



Montessori education is an educational approach developed by Maria Montessori."
Montessori education is characterized by an emphasis on independence, freedom within limits, and respect for a child’s natural psychological development, as well as technological advancements in society.” I’m a firm supporter of a Montessori education and I believe that all children should be able to get an education that Montessori provides. I especially support Montessori schools because they encourage students to ask questions and that is something that is so important for a child’s learning and understanding. It saddens me to know that many teachers and even parents do not encouraged these questions that children naturally have. Children learn by asking, so why would anyone especially a teacher, take that away from them?? It is a shame to know that because teachers are being forced to teach to the test, education is suffering. I want to be the type of teacher that encourages students to ask questions and be able to design a productive day like Montessori teachers do.

No comments:

Post a Comment