About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Erica and I'm 24 years old. Currently, I attend Mount Saint Mary College, where I’m pursuing a Masters of Science in Early Childhood Education (grades1-6) with a dual certification in Special Education.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Geography Awarness Week


Wow, I have never heard about geography awarness week, but what an awesome idea. There are so many activites that teachers could incorporate in their lessons to enhance student understanding of geography. One activity that I would use is "Explore the Environment." I learned about this when Jesse and Corey did their microteaching presentation. This activty encourages critically thinking and allows students the opportunity to explore the environment that surrounds them. Students will learn about so much such as longitatue and latuide, bodies of water, landforms and etc...I especially like this activty because it is fun for students. Instead of reading from boring text books, they are encourged to explore, discover, predict. One way to add to students understanding of a topic is to relate it to them and this activty does just that. Once student learn about their own environment, their knowledge could be extended to learning about the geogrpahy of other areas and how it affected different cultures and beliefs.


No comments:

Post a Comment